Journal Quilts 2016

journal quilt Quilt Routes

It might seem as if I had decided not to take part in this year's Journal Quilt Challenge run by the Contemporary Group of the Q.G.B.I. It is May after all !!!

journal quilt Quilt Routes

There was a point last week when I did consider throwing in the hat when I discovered that despite my best efforts back in Jan to get ahead of the game by working in sets of four, I had in fact neglected to stitch my offering for April and it had to be hastily finished before the deadline on April 30th.

journal quilt Quilt Routes

I was wondering why I was giving myself this extra task to do when I really do have more than enough other projects to keep me occupied. I also considered that I could continue without the need to be in a group that imposes a deadline.

journal quilt Quilt Routes

Well as you can see I did completed this section and I remembered that I do actually very much enjoy the PLAY aspect of doing these mini quilts. I also have enough self knowledge to know that if I didn't do them as part of the group challenge, they wouldn't get done!

journal quilts Quilt Routes

So here are the first group of four put into a not very clear collage made in an an App on my phone.

The challenge/guidelines for 2016 is to make an 8 x 10 in  piece in portrait format, each to contain a a small block of colour. The first four months to contain purple. It has been really interesting to see what others have come up with but it is a closed group so I cannot show you sorry.

I have decided to look at traditional blocks with added machine and hand stitching.  As you can see I haven't finished them off yet as I might try and join them together as three small or one large quilt when I have completed all twelve.

journal quilts Quilt Routes

I have already made a start on May with another added twist but I have to confess that I am not sure about my plan at the moment. :/

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. Deborah, Love these! Love the colors and all of your stitching. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mix of patchwork and hand stitching. It's kind of relaxing to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts