Wonky Log Cabin Block

Quilt Routes

A couple of Wednesdays ago I showed a sneak peek of what I was working on. Did you guess that it was the next block in my A.T.A.B.?

Quilt Routes

This is the Wonky Log Cabin block that to me looked like a crazy quilt block that was crying out for some embroidery.

Quilt Routes

A bit of a subtler palette than you would normally associate with Crazy Quilting, but I am determined to use up my scraps and use what is at hand. I think the fabric choice has helped to calm down all the activity of being Crazy.
I had to do a sample piece of Crazy Quilting for my City and Guilds qualification. I got so fed up with the pace of making it that I used my sewing machine computerized decorative stitches to complete it. 
How times have changed! 


And because I can here is the outside shot, but no on-point for this one because although the sun is out it is very windy!

**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide.


Quilt Routes


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts