not so modern a quilt block continued

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

As described here, this is how I decided to stitch this/these blocks.

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

The outside edging stitch didn't take a s long as I had anticipated.

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

I must be getting better or faster (not necessarily the same thing) at hand stitching!

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

I took it along to stitch at an event (to be blogged about soon) last week and I was pleasantly suprised by the interest shown in it.
When all is said and done we all love the stitch. No matter how it is done, be it hand or machine, basic or exemplary, Stitch is King...or should that be Queen ;)

**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide.


Quilt Routes



Comments

  1. Love how it came out, really nice with the stitching.
    I think small projects are great to experiment with and try new things.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how did you know I wanted to see it hanging on point?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts