String block bound.

art quilting

String block bound. Non quilters would be perplexed by that sentence, small though it is. 
It is not dead straight but not far off the 12 in square that it should be, despite all that stitching and I quite like that gentle curve on the bottom edge :')

quilt block

I have fiddled with these photos to try and compensate for the lack of light and ended up with two different colour sheds!

quilt block

I have been dragging my feet over the next block in this series. It involves EPP, which I don't mind in principle, but do I have the time.....?

**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide.


art quilting

Comments

  1. Lovely block. Great to see it finished. I love your twist of making a quilt block and embroidering on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stitching Deb, and an 'organic edging' seems appropriate to me lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts