Another quilt block


....that has become a cushion.
Back last year I began work on this Chevron Block as part of my Alternative Trip Around the Block which you can read about here.
I had thought that I wanted to completely hand stitch this one, and I made a good start, but the call of other projects and the fact that it was quite hard going stitching through the layers at the seams with my chosen threads got me to thinking that I needed another plan or this was not going to get finished.


You cab see my hand stitching here (and it is stitching not quilting because I have not added any wadding yet).

I had thought that I wanted to completely hand stitch this block and I made a good start, but the call of other projects and the fact that it was quite hard going stitching through the layers at the seams with my chosen threads got me to thinking that I needed another plan or this was not going to get finished.


So I utilized some of the computerized stitches on my machine, looking for straight line stitches (I found
two!) This one is meant to look like hand quilting.

quilt blocks

See the difference? The wobbly lines are mine!!!

I made it into a cushion because I didn't follow the instructions properly and it came out too big to match my other blocks!

**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide


art quilting blog

Comments

  1. Love it! I love the look of the big stitching, but find it makes my hands very tired when I do it. I love the contrast in stitching styles too. I'm finding myself doing that more these days (on purpose even.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I like the combination of hand and machine stitches, it works very well. It is a lovely cushion,
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts