Going to seed.

art quilting

That is what is happening to my patch of rocket and pretty much the rest of the garden as I don't seem to have had any time to spend there this summer. (The appalling weather didn't help!)
It is also representative of the state of my house and my work space/shed at the moment!

It's all good though. Over the last couple of weekends I have been busy teaching and talking and having a lovely time with Region 3- Hampshire, Wiltshire Isle of Wight and The Channel Isles, and Region 12- South and Mid Wales -my home crowd :) of The Quilter's Guild of The British Isles. Thank you all for making me so welcome.

In between that, I nipped up to London to The Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace. It is a few years since I have been, and I wanted to see it again, but it was also an excuse to go and spend some time with my best-est friend (without the rest of the family in tow) who conveniently lives just down the road from the venue.

No pictures to show you because, quite rightly, there was no photography allowed of the things I liked best, which included a Nancy Crow curated exhibit that the quilting side of me loved, along with so many fantastic embroidery pieces.

I am now looking forward to some quiet time to spend stitching and creating, once I have tackled the domestic chores:(
I will leave you with some photos of one of my kits that the lovely Ganey Jones brought along to show me on Saturday.

 art quilt kits

I love seeing how other people put the kits together, especially when they put their own spin on it. Ganey entered this into the craft section of this year's Eisteddfod, along with a poem by her daughter about pebbles.

art quilt kits

I just love the embellishment.

landscape quilt pattern


Comments

  1. I've been wondering where you've been! Glad you've been having a good time. Now back to the salt mines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seed beads are a lovely addition to the hanging indeed! Pleased you have been having a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the added touch to the piece. I collect shells from the beach and someday I might make something with them, for now I just put them in baskets.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts