fabric friday (kind of...)

fabric heart

Ever since I began painting fabric I have been saving the selvedges.

fabric heart

Sometimes they are painted in situ and then removed. Sometimes they are removed before painting and then I keep them to mop up any bits of paint that have are left over. (I know, I need to get a life!)

fabric heart

I have already made a diary cover with them, but you only ever need one of those, and I did attempt making a pencil case, but zips are really not my thing and I don't want to have to repeat that experience too often!

I can maybe see a string quilt in my future but before I commit to that I am looking for suggestions. Any ideas?

art quilting blog


Comments

  1. I would probably make a collage directly onto batting and backing, layer it with tulle and quilt it as I wouldn't want to waste 1/2" of each of those gorgeous strings.
    Looking forawrd to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely pile of fabrics to play with
    I'd do QAYG with these to make either a notebook cover, phone / tablet / kindle pouch or an improv panel

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many ideas for those "beauties" :)....just wait and you'll see : the flash will come someday and then you'll "fire up" the sewing machine ;)...keep them, love them ...you'll get something in return ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I would make the most fantastic braided rug EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd send them to me! gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried knitting them? Either alone or with some wonderfully soft yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  7. just as they are is a nest for finished items.i just put a batch of my hearts in a basket with painted selvages as fluff. i also use them to hang hand made tags to items. oh, and they can go into prayer flags for color, design. and motion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts